Thursday, November 4, 2010

Facebook Friends, Crossed Fingers, and Brass Knuckles

Jerry Cassidy has 470+ friends and counting on Facebook, which means he already has more friends than I do in just a few short weeks. I don’t know whether to be excited or depressed because of this. The question is getting asked, but for now I’ve just been deflecting. I want this viral campaign to grow organically, I want people to discover the answer for themselves before I start the spoon-feeding, and I don’t need it burning out before I get started.

I just submitted Jokers Wild into a short story competition. I’m proud of this piece. It manages, in my own biased opinion, to pack a solid punch, get a little dirty, and showcase my own brand of writing and style, all in a matter of eleven hundred words. I’m hoping to someday find a publication that will put this sucker in print, but maybe I’ll get lucky and make some money while I’m at it right now from this contest. Fingers crossed.

I’m also working on a solid pitch to add to the “About” section to hook all you potential readers and agents out there. This is not a simple story. And it’s not about vampires or werewolves. So I’m trying to melt this badass down into a couple brass sentences that can wrap around a white-knuckled sandwich and knock your teeth out. Literally speaking, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment